Contact Us today and Sirens Driving Academy will help you every step of the way.
Not everyone needs to pass a caravan towing test. It depends on when you passed your test. It can also depend on the weight of your vehicle and your choice of a caravan.
Do you want to know about the B+E trailer test, then we can help you all the way. Generally, if you passed your driving test before 1st January 1997, then you can tow most caravans on a B+E driving licence. The way to find out is to check the back on your photo card licence for the following;
- In column 9 you are looking for category BE, which means you can tow a trailer up to 3,500kg.
- Look in column 10 you will see the day you gained the entitlement, which should be before 1st January 1997, if you have the entitlement.
- And in column 11 the year your entitlement runs out.
If these are there, then you have a BE trailer entitlement.
For more advice call 07818 408 336 or CONTACT US HERE
Does my vehicle require me to take a caravan towing test?
At Sirens, we like to help our clients pass their BE trailer test first time and give plenty of trailer test tips. Whether you have to take a caravan towing test, may depend on what vehicle you are using. There is advice from the caravan club on matching car and caravan. The caravan club advises that the trailer or caravan behind should not be higher than 85% of the kerbweight of the tow car. You can look in your handbook or on the internet, as to what your vehicle can tow. The other place to look is a chassis plate, which is usually inside the engine bay or door pillar.
What you should consider is not risking not checking both your licence and vehicle weights. Remember that if your licence requires you to take a caravan towing test. Then find a reputable company to advise you. Here are 3 reasons to choose us today.
What to expect on a caravan towing test
When you arrive for a B+E trailer test, you must bring your current driving licence with you. Imagine turning up and failing at that point. If you don’t use a company to advise you, this is one of the common things people forget. What would it also be like to turn up with a vehicle that doesn’t meet the criteria? Remember the following and it can save you a lot of money.
- Bring a current up to date driving licence, including any changes of address
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, then remember to bring them. There is an eyesight check at the start of the test.
- Revise the show me, tell me questions. As a company, we supply all of this to you. Ask us how this can help you on 07818 408 336 or email us!
- Watch videos and learn how to take a caravan or trailer safely on and off your vehicle.
- You can expect to be able to reverse on the caravan towing test, while under control, with accuracy and good all round observations.
- Your driving should be up to a high standard for the trailer towing test, as you are observed for about 50-55 minutes.
Let us help you with your caravan towing test
If you want to pass your B+E trailer test the first time, then you have to find a company you can trust.
We are happy to talk you through if you have to do a caravan towing test. Our expert training team can advise what vehicle is suitable and how to keep yourself safe when towing.
Call us today to book your trailer or caravan towing test on 07818 408 336 or 020 7018 5060