PASS YOUR TEST TODAY.
When you pass your trailer towing test you will be able to tow a trailer up to 3,500kg. When you book with us today, you will benefit from the following;
- A choice of three trailer test packages designed to suit your trailer experience so far. Prices
- Friendly and highly qualified trailer test instructors.
- Use one of our vehicles and trailers for training and the test. They are fully insured and meet all the required legal standards.
- In a rush? We often have short notice courses available to meet your needs.
- Competitive prices with no VAT!!
Many of our customers have had experience using a trailer but have never taken their test. It’s just a matter of time before you get caught. These days the fines and point on your licence are very severe. There’s also a very good chance your vehicle will be seized. It’s simply not worth it. The cost of passing your test is lower than the cost of getting caught.
Call us today on 07818 408 336 or 07984 493798.
Do I need to take a trailer test?
Despite what many people think, there is actually no such thing as a ‘trailer licence’. Depending on the weight of the load you plan to tow you might need to take an additional category driving test to upgrade your existing licence.
Here’s how it works. It depends on when you passed your driving test.
If you passed your driving test after January 2013 in a car or small vehicle (called category B), you are allowed to tow:
- A small trailer weighing less than 750kg.
- A trailer over 750kg provided the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is less than 3,500kg (MAM).
So if you want to tow a trailer weighing more than 750kg, or when the combined weight of both vehicles is more than 3,500kg, you’ll need to pass a new test to get your B+E entitlement on your existing licence.
If you passed your driving test after January 1st 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you are allowed to:
- Drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes OR 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
- Tow a trailer over 750kg MAM, provided the combined weight of both vehicles is less than 3,500kg.
So for anything heavier than this you will need to take a category B+E driving test.
If you passed your driving test before 1 January 1997 you’re generally allowed to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes MAM, but you should double check here what your licence allows you to tow.
How much does the Test Cost?
We have a three bespoke trailer towing test courses specifically designed for:
- towing a caravan.
- Towing a trailer.
Your previous experience of towing a trailer will determine which one is right for you. These carefully designed courses provide absolutely everything you need to pass your test. We also include a complete training manual to make your life even easier.
You can choose from our bronze, silver or gold package. These prices include the £115.00 fee to the DVSA and the use of our vehicle and trailer for the lessons, and the test itself.
Trailer Towing Test Courses.
- Bronze Package: £440.00 (5 hours including training and test the same day).
- Silver Package: £555.00 (8 hours including training and test, There is an option to take the test the same day or later). Our most successful and popular course.
- Gold Package: £995.00 (16 hours including training and test spread over two days).
Which course is right for you? Good question. Everyone learns at a different rate. Our pass rate is incredibly high and the trick is to make sure you get exactly the right amount of training to give you the best chance of passing the first time.
Our Silver and Gold packages are the most popular courses. This is because they offer the most amount of training to give you total confidence and the required skill to pass the first time. Note: There is no vat on any of our packages.
We will supply absolutely you with everything you need to pass your test. So call us today on 07818 408336 or 07984 493798 or email us here.
Call us today on 07818 408336 or 07984 493798 email us here.
If you want to pass your trailer towing test today or in the next few weeks, then give us a call to see when we have availability.