Contact Us today and Sirens Driving Academy will help you every step of the way.
Offering D1 driving license course to suit your need and budget. At Sirens Driving Academy we can help you obtain the D1 or D1E licence and prepare you for the DVSA driving test. Our training package starts from as little as £415, if you have already passed your medical and PCV theory test. To get you started with us and benefit from the following;
- One to one tuition or you can opt for a group booking for your company or school.
- Qualified DVSA instructors with many years of high quality training.
- A 1st time pass rate of around 90% and overall pass rate of 100%, as all of our students have passed. The other 10% passed 2nd time.
- Bespoke courses or our Bronze to Gold courses based on your ability and your requirements. (all prices subject to change and only correct as of 19/10/19)
If you feel that you would benefit from any of these amazing features, then you should call us today. We guarantee to deliver quality training, which will help you pass first time.
Who needs a D1 Licence?
If you passed your car driving test before 1st January 1997, then you should have D1 entitlement on your licence. However even if you have the “grandfather rights” of a D1 license, then you may also have a 101 restriction. What this means is that you are not entitled to drive for “hire or reward”, unless you pass the D1 driving test or have a PCV bus licence. The D1 licence is useful for the following jobs or pastimes so if would be beneficial to obtain it:
- Ambulance driving, as a Paramedic because their vehicles can weigh in excess of 4 tonne.
- Police officers, as their Police personnel carriers can also weigh in excess of 4 tonne.
- Teachers use their D1 license to help take school children out on trips and outward bound courses. For advice on a section 19 permit read more
- Scout groups and similar
- Boat clubs, such as canoeing because they take off to different places in large groups.
What do you need for a D1 License?
To drive on a D1 license or minibus, you should be at least 17 years old and already hold a category B driving licence. We can help you get through the whole process or you can start here by downloading a D4 medical form. At the same time you could contact the DVLA and obtain the D2 licence pack or we can sort all of this out for you, which can save you time.
We also recommend once you are ready to apply for your D1 driving licence, then you also tick C1, C and D. That way, if you choose to upgrade your licence you already have it there, which will save you time. Once you have all of this, then it is time to take that PCV theory test. If you make just one call to us, then we can take care of everything.
Book your D1 license training today
Remember make just one call to us and let us take care of the rest. Once we know more about you and you know more about us, then we can find you the right course. Our most popular and successful course is the silver course but remember to be honest with your ability. Imagine not taking enough training and finding the test harder than you thought.
Our skilled and qualified instructors will work with you and gradually build up your ability. On our training course you can benefit from the following from our instructors:
- Patience to understand your strengths and any areas which need more work.
- Coaching you and not telling you “how to drive”.
- Familiarising you with the reversing manoeuvre and test routes but not all of them. That would just not be possible.
- Introducing the show me and tell me questions, as it maybe a while since you took a driving test or worked on a vehicle.
Once you have decided that you want us to help you get your D1 licence, then there is only one thing left to do.