D1 license

Contact Us today and Sirens Driving Academy will help you every step of the way.

D1 license

Offering D1 driving license course to suit your need and budget. At Sirens Driving Academy we can help you obtain the D1 or D1E licence and prepare you for the DVSA driving test. Our training package starts from as little as £415, if you have already passed your medical and PCV theory test. To get you started with us and benefit from the following;

  • One to one tuition or you can opt for a group booking for your company or school.
  • Qualified DVSA instructors with many years of high-quality training.
  • A 1st-time pass rate of around 90% and an overall pass rate of 100%, as all of our students, have passed. The other 10% passed 2nd time.
  • Bespoke courses or our Bronze to Gold courses based on your ability and your requirements. (all prices subject to change and only correct as of 19/10/19)

If you feel that you would benefit from any of these amazing features, then you should call us today. We guarantee to deliver quality training, which will help you pass first time.

call us todaytoday on 07818 408 336 or 07984 493798. You can email usus too!!

D1 license
D1 licence or D1E driving test

Who needs a D1 Licence?

If you passed your car driving test before 1st January 1997, then you should have D1 entitlement on your licence. However even if you have the “grandfather rights” of a D1 license, then you may also have a 101 restriction. What this means is that you are not entitled to drive for “hire or reward”, unless you pass the D1 driving test or have a PCV bus licence. The D1 licence is useful for the following jobs or pastimes so it would be beneficial to obtain it:

  • Ambulance driving, as a Paramedic because their vehicles can weigh in excess of 4 tonnes.
  • Police officers, as their Police personnel carriers, can also weigh in excess of 4 tonnes.
  • Teachers use their D1 license to help take school children out on trips and outward-bound courses. For advice on a section 19 permit read more
  • Scout groups and similar
  • Boat clubs, such as canoeing because they take off to different places in large groups.

So looking at this, anyone who passed their driving test after 1st January 1997 may require a D1 licence. To get some advice on this C1 driving licence or Class 1 or 2, you could contact us.

Get your D1 licence for your teaching job today
Get your D1 licence for your teaching job today

What do you need for a D1 License?

To drive on a D1 license or minibus, you should be at least 17 years old and already hold a category B driving licence. We can help you get through the whole process or you can start here by downloading a D4 medical form. At the same time, you could contact the DVLA and obtain the D2 licence pack or we can sort all of this out for you, which can save you time.

We also recommend once you are ready to apply for your D1 driving licence, then you also tick C1, C and D. That way, if you choose to upgrade your licence you already have it there, which will save you time. Once you have all of this, then it is time to take that PCV theory test. If you make just one call to us, then we can take care of everything.

call us todaytoday on 07818 408 336 or 07984 493798. You can email usus too!!

Book your D1 license training today

Remember make just one call to us and let us take care of the rest. Once we know more about you and you know more about us, then we can find you the right course. Our most popular and successful course is the silver course but remember to be honest with your ability. Imagine not taking enough training and finding the test harder than you thought.

Our skilled and qualified instructors will work with you and gradually build up your ability. On our training course you can benefit from the following from our instructors:

  • Patience to understand your strengths and any areas which need more work.
  • Coaching you and not telling you “how to drive”.
  • Familiarising you with the reversing manoeuvre and test routes but not all of them. That would just not be possible.
  • Introducing the show me and tell me questions, as it maybe a while since you took a driving test or worked on a vehicle.

Once you have decided that you want us to help you get your D1 licence, then there is only one thing left to do.

contact us todaytoday on 07818 408 336 or 07984 493798. to book your training and get your D1 license

We have qualified driving instructors. They are experienced in offering:

LGV/HGV training – Our qualified trainers offer LGV Training in London and the Home Counties.

PCV training – Our trainers provide PCV training & courses in London and the Home Counties.

Trailer towing training – We offer trailer towing lessons & courses to pass your towing test first time.

Trailer driving lessons – We offer trailer driving lessons to prepare you to pass the B+E trailer test.

B+E (Car & Trailer) – We offer B+E car and trailer training to individuals and companies.

Contact Us Today

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please enter a message.
You must accept the Terms and Conditions.


Highly qualified and friendly driving instructors to help you pass your test with confidence. Our success rate for candidates passing first time is extremely high and we would love to help you pass first time too.


Sirens Driving Academy

Unit 14 The Hub, Elstree Aerodrome, Hogg Lane, Elstree, WD6 3AW

Telephone: 07818 408 336 | 07984 493 798.

We are proud to say that we are members of the following groups:



Scroll to Top