Contact Us today and Sirens Driving Academy will help you every step of the way.
Do you want a car and trailer test London? It can be confusing where to start? Then we are here to help and can book it all. With so much confusion out there regarding weights of vehicles and who has entitlement. We will take the time to guide you through it all because we care. We are specialist in our area and give 3 reasons to train with us. The first thing to do is knowing when you passed your test. If it was after 1st January 1997, then it is likely you need a B+E licence to tow most trailers. If passing a test after 19th January 2013, then the weight restriction is greater.
How to book a car and trailer test London
Anyone can book their own car and trailer test London, by following this link. All you will need is a driver licence number and the booking fee of £115 weekdays and £141 weekends. A driver licence number starts with the first 5 letters of your surname. Then it has numbers and your initials but ignore the last two digits. A car and trailer test London can be booked at Yeading or Enfield. There are also locations are Guildford and Thurrock, but we use mainly the first two.
What do I need for a car and trailer test London.
Firstly a suitable vehicle is needed for a car and trailer test London and failing to bring one will cost money.
The car car must:
- have up to date tax
- have insurance for a driving test (check with your insurance company)
- be suitable and roadworthy and have a current MOT (if over 3 years old)
- No warning lights showing, for example, the airbag warning light or ABS
- No tyre damage and the legal tread depth on each tyre of at least 1.6mm on all four tyres
- A smoke-free environment – It means you can’t smoke in it just before or during the test
- Capable of reaching at least 62mph and have an mph speedometer
- 4 wheels and a maximum authorised mass (MAM) of no more than 3,500kg
The car must also have:
- Extra mirrors mounted onto the wing mirrors on both the passenger and driver side (Examiner to use)
- L-plates (‘L’ or ‘D’ plates in Wales) on the front of the car and rear of the trailer or a rooftop box is suitable for the front, but will still need L-plate on the rear of the trailer
- A passenger seatbelt for the examiner and head restraint (not a slip-on type)
What about a trailer for the car and trailer test London
If attending a car and trailer test London, clients sometimes fall down at this hurdle. When they don’t use a company to help.
When you attend the trailer you use must:
- Have a closed box body, such as a horsebox or like the image
- Roughly the same width and height as the car – you must only be able to see to the rear, using external mirrors, and not through the rear window
- A maximum authorised mass (MAM) of at least 1,000kg – you will need proof to show the examiner, for example, the manufacturer’s plate. Know where this is.
If all of this does not sound possible for you to do, then see our prices. Then make the call to us and we can book a car and trailer test London or at any centres call 07818 408 336 or 020 7018 5050