Contact Us today and Sirens Driving Academy will help you every step of the way.
Knowing the policy for a minibus test for teachers is vital, because it may break the law. A recent report on the BBC Northern Ireland news talked of schools facing prosecutions and UK law is just as strict. Hertfordshire County council make it quite clear what their policy is, so make sure you know.
Follow the following rules from Hertfordshire county council, for the requirement of a minibus test for teachers
- If you drive for your employer, your licence MUST have category D1.
- This includes teachers and school staff, during the school day or out of hours. That’s because you’re at work, but being paid, so it is official business.
- There is an exemption for volunteers without D1 on their licence, but teachers are not volunteers. Our legal advice is that this exemption does not apply to teachers and school staff.
Call us today and book in for your D1 driving licence training and ask about any offers we have. Call 020 7018 5060 or 07818 408336. You can also email email@example.com from our contacts page HERE
The route to a minibus test for teachers
Applying and passing a D1 minibus test could not be easier, than following these simple guidelines.
- Making the call to 07818 408336 or 020 7018 5060. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete D2 & D4 forms and medical. Only £75.00
- Send off forms with driving licence to DVLA.
- Study for PCV theory test & hazard perception. Study from £25.00. Test fee £55.00
- Practical Training packages start from £415.00 (all prices subject to change and only correct as of 22/12/18)
See what is involved in a minibus test for teachers
The practical driving part for a D1 test for teachers is classed as an advanced test. During the test, the examiner will see how well drivers:
- Make use of the vehicle controls.
- Move away at an angle, both uphill and downhill.
- Make active use of the mirrors, to know what is going on behind.
- Use appropriate signals, which benefit other road users.
- Have awareness and anticipation of other road users’ intentions.
- Are able to manage progress and control the vehicle speed.
- Respond positively and deal with hazards.
- Select safe and legal places to stop.
There is also 10 minutes of independent driving, to test the ability to drive safely while making independent decisions.
Need a minibus test for teachers?
Passing a D1 minibus test is by no means the easiest thing you can do but with some quality training, you can pass with us.
Contact email@example.com on 07818 408336 or 020 7018 5060 . Book a minibus test for teachers today with Sirens