Contact Us today and Sirens Driving Academy will help you every step of the way.
Do you want some top tips and facts for a theory test for HGV or LGV? It is our aim to ensure that every one of our clients is fully prepared so that they pass the LGV theory test the first time.
Firstly, the test is broken into two parts of a theory test for HGV and the hazard perception test. It is 1 hour and 55 minutes, but you can finish anytime without any penalty. It comprises 100 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark of 85 needed. The hazard perception section has 19 videos comprising of 20 developing hazards. A pass mark of 67 out of 100 is required to be successful.
What we say at Sirens Driving Academy is you must take these tests seriously. People should put in a lot of hours of revision and practice. But also it is important to remember what happens if you don’t put in the time so that you pass first-time.
Facts about the LGV Theory Test
Some interesting facts around lgv theory test pass rates between 2007-2008 and the most recent rates in 2017-2018 are as follows.
Between 2007-2008 there were 41,484, compared to 2017-2018 where there were 133,233 tests conducted throughout England and Wales. Looking at a selection of test centre locations you can see that the average pass rates need some improvements. The average figures for 2017-2018 are in black and for 2007-2008 in navy blue (brackets)
- Ilford – Multiple choice test – 50.2%, Hazard perception 80.9%, CPC 52.7%, giving an average pass rate for all tests of 61.2% (63.1%).
- Luton – Multiple choice test – 56.%, Hazard perception 83.5%, CPC 60.3%, giving an average pass rate for all tests of 65.6% (70.6)
- Uxbridge – Multiple choice test – 45.5%, Hazard perception 78.4%, CPC 46.4%, giving an average pass rate for all tests of 55.9% (60.6%).
- Watford – Multiple choice test – 60.8%, Hazard perception 76.4%, CPC 52.6%, giving an average pass rate for all tests of 63.5% (67.9%).
What these facts around the data are telling me is there are more tests being conducted but there is not a significant improvement in the overall pass rates. There is some amazing software and assistance out there so that you pass this test easiliy.
Call us today on 07818 408336 or 07984 493798 to book your LGV theory test and ask us about our LGV theory test software. The theory test is sometimes referred to as a CPC module 1.
Tips to help pass the theory test
To pass this test the first time, it is important to take it seriously and follow these guidelines:
- Prepare yourself thoroughly for the exam. Read books, such as the Highway Code, Know your road signs and get familiar with driver hours. Driver hours, tyre tread depths and stopping distances are things that clients easily forget. Prepare, prepare, prepare and find ways to remember these. Things like mind-maps, convert the facts to images or maybe rhymes.
- Practice. If you haven’t taken an exam for a while, then get into the habit of practicing. We supply up-to-date software, which although not identical questions to the test, are as close as you can get. It is important to read all of the material and practice the tests when you are ready.
- Refresh your knowledge constantly. We learn in small chunks, so little and often. Don’t leave studying until the night before because this will not be effective for most people.
- Relax on the day of the test. There is plenty of time to answer all of the questions so read them thoroughly before moving on.
- When you are doing the hazard perception it is important not to click too many times because the system will exclude these.
Call us today on 07818 408336 or 07984 493798 to book your LGV theory test.
How to book a theory test for HGV – LGV
Booking a theory test for hgv or LGV could not be easier when you follow our 4 step plan:
- Complete a doctor’s medical, before obtaining a provisional licence. This can all be arranged by Sirens Driving Academy at a reduced cost with our registered doctor.
- Once you have signed up with us for the training and we have completed both the D2 and D4 forms. Then these will be sent off to the DVSA so that they can add the provisional licence entitlement to your licence.
- While waiting for your licence we always advise you to study hard for the theory test and practice the hazard perception.
- Once your licence has the provisional entitlement, then we can book the theory test. If you have followed these steps then you should pass the first time.
Once you have passed both parts of the theory test, then you can book one of our training packages for the practical driving test.
To Go ahead and book a theory test for HGV call today 07818 408336
Following our easy step program is the easiest way to pass all the tests the first time. It takes commitment to be successful so the work needs to be put in to revise and pass.
Do you need any further help with passing your theory test? If you want any further advice or help with the theory test then you can call us today. We will be happy to help you understand what is needed and also help with any questions you are stuck on.
To read more about CPC see here or to book, your own Theory test click here. There are many companies out there but we pride ourselves on supporting our clients. If you feel that we are the company for you then why not make that call.
Call today on 07818 408 336 or 07984 493798 and we can start the process to book a theory test for HGV or LGV.