Do you want some top tips and facts for a theory test for HGV or LGV? The test is broken into two parts of a theory test for HGV and the hazard perception test. It is 1 hour and 55 minutes, but you can finish anytime. It comprises of 100 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark of 85 needed. The hazard perception section has 19 videos comprising of 20 developing hazards. A pass mark of 67 out a 100 is required to be successful.
To pass this test first time, it is important to take it seriously and follow these guidelines.
- Prepare yourself thoroughly for the exam. Read books, such as the Highway code, Know your road signs and get familiar with driver hours. Driver hours, tyre tread depths and stopping distances. Prepare, prepare, prepare.
- Practice. If you haven’t taken an exam for a while, then get into the habit of practicing. We supply up to date software, which although not identical questions to the test, they are as close as you can get.
- Refresh your knowledge constantly. We learn in small chunks, so little and often. Don’t leave till the night before.
- Relax on the day of the test. There is plenty of time to answer all of the questions and don’t click too many times on the hazard perception.
How to book a theory test for HGV – LGV
Booking a theory test for HGV or LGV could not be easy than our 4 step plan.
- Contact Sirens and sign up for the training and complete the D2 and D4 forms
- Complete a doctors medical, before obtaining a provisional licence.
- Study hard for the theory test for HGV while waiting for your licence
- Pass first time and book one of our training packages for the practical driving test.
To Go ahead and book a theory test for HGV call today 07818 408336
Following our easy step program is the easiest way to pass all the tests first time. It takes commitment to be successful, so the work needs to be put in to pass. Call today and we can start the process to book a theory test for HGV or LGV.